Updated: April 2018
1. General Terms
Matthew Walton Limited (also described in this document as “the company”) is committed to protecting you whenever you make contact, take out a membership, cancel a subscription or divulge any financial or personal information.
And in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) guidelines “the company” wants you and your details to be safe and secure at all times.
This document relates to the storage and use of any personal information collected from, or about, you via your dealings with Matthew Walton Limited
This relates to:
• any email, text or SMS correspondence with Matthew Walton Limited
• any interaction with “the company” via social media or other websites
• all details divulged during phone conversations
• any financial details gathered, used or stored in relation to any service provided by “the company”
In order to provide you with a personal and professional service, “the company” will sometimes need to collect and handle information about you.
This document explains the following:
• what information Matthew Walton Limited may collect about you
• how “the company” will use the information collected about you
• when these details may be used by “the company” to contact you
• whether Matthew Walton Limited will disclose your details to anyone else
• your rights regarding the personal information you provide and how it is used
In keeping with GDPR guidelines, and best practice with regards to general Data Protection, Matthew Walton Limited is committed to safeguarding your personal information.
Whenever you provide such information, “the company” is legally obliged to use your details in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (Matthew Walton Limited is registered with the Data Protection Registrar – Registration Number Z32872900).
No website or online transaction can be deemed as 100% secure, so if you have any concerns that the information you have divulged might have been compromised in any way, please notify “the company” immediately via the contact details located at the bottom of this document.
Matthew Walton Limited hosts websites which contain hyperlinks to other websites owned and operated by third parties. These third party websites have their own privacy policies, and data collection and handling procedures, and you are reminded to review them as a matter of course.
They will govern the use of personal information you submit when visiting these websites, and Matthew Walton Limited does not accept any responsibility, or liability, for the privacy practices of such third party websites, and your use of such websites is at your own risk.
2. Who or what is Matthew Walton Limited?
Matthew Walton Limited is a limited company, formed in August 2012 with Mr. Matthew Walton acting as the sole/main director and Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The business has a registered office at Melbourne House, 44-46 Grosvenor Square, Stalybridge, SK15 2JN and is registered in the UK (Company Registration Number 8157039). Full contact details are located at the bottom of this document.
The nature of business covers independent sports analysis, data-modelling and the supply of sports-related information. This work covers a wide remit but operates with a focus on key sectors such as football, golf, tennis as well as US Sports, horseracing and greyhounds.
To fulfil this brief “the company” has at its disposal a network of professionals spread across a number of sports who assist in the creation, development and promotion of a range of products which are used by individuals, business partnerships and companies.
Hub activity online is operated through the website - www.matthewwalton.co.uk
3. What information will the Matthew Walton Limited collect about you?
When you access, download, sign up or subscribe to any of Matthew Walton Limited’s services, activities or online content (e.g. newsletters, web and mobile notifications), or when you telephone or text “the company”, or subscribe to any services offered for or by “the company” and any of its affiliate partners, Matthew Walton Limited may receive personal information about you.
This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number, gender, as well as any financial information disclosed anywhere other than online (all online transactions are handled by a safe, secure and fully encrypted processing system).
Please note that any information that is not required by the particular service you have opted to use will not be retained by Matthew Walton Limited.
4. How will Matthew Walton Limited use the information it collects about you?
Matthew Walton Limited will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• to provide products and services, activities or online content, and/or to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries
• to provide you with the most user-friendly, professional and personalised service
• for administration purposes, which means “the company” may contact you for reasons related to the service, activity or online content you have signed up for (e.g. to update your mobile phone number, correspondence address or to facilitate the smooth running of any subscription that you may have, thereby covering matters such as payment collection, failed subscription transactions or renewal reminders)
• where Matthew Walton Limited provides personalised services, “the company” may analyse the information you supply, as well as your preferences, so as to offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, “the company” could have a new product and based on your current preferences, and previous history, would deem it in your, and its own, legitimate interest to share updates on any forthcoming developments
• if you are subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service. If you don’t want to receive these services you can unsubscribe from email newsletters, or disable personalisation, at any time
• Matthew Walton Limited may also show you or direct you towards relevant advertising on third party or affiliate sites
• to contact you about a submission you have made, including any correspondence or contact via email, letter, phone, text or on social media you have sent to Matthew Walton Limited about a product or service or “the company” in general
• for analysis and research purposes so that Matthew Walton Limited may improve the services offered by “the company”. This may include using past membership records where this helps to ensure you are offered an appropriate product or service ongoing.
5. When will Matthew Walton contact you?
Matthew Walton Limited may contact you:
• in relation to any service, or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that “the company” can deliver the service, e.g. to verify your personal details and the particulars to contact you with (e.g. email address, mobile phone number, correspondence address)
• in relation to any correspondence “the company” receives from you or any comment or complaint you make about any product or service offered, sold, promoted, recommended or written about by Matthew Walton Limited
• in relation to any personalised services you are using
• to invite you to participate in surveys about any services (current or future) operated by “the company”
• to update you on any material changes to Matthew Walton Limited’s policies and practices
• for marketing purposes
• without prior dealings, Matthew Walton Limited will never contact you to ask for any personal or financial details. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from “the company” or associated to the business in any way.
6. Can you be contacted for marketing purposes?
Matthew Walton Limited will only send you marketing emails or contact you on social media platforms where you have agreed to this and where there is a legitimate interest for you, or “the company”, do so.
“The company” offers regular emails to let you know about products and services. From time to time you may also be contacted to give your views on existing memberships which you have with Matthew Walton Limited.
This message can be personalised based upon any information you have previously provided to “the company”
Matthew Walton Limited may use information which is held about you to show you relevant advertising on third party, or affiliate, sites. This could involve showing you an advertising message where there is a legitimate interest on account of your previous dealings with “the company” such as a similar membership, written or verbal interest, opt-in to receive information or past transaction history.
If you do not want to be shown targeted advertising messages from Matthew Walton Limited, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future.
If you want to stop all personalised services from “the company”, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites, please contact Matthew Walton Limited immediately via the details located at the bottom of this document.
7. Will Matthew Walton Limited share your information with anyone else?
Matthew Walton Limited will keep your information within “the company” except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies) or as described here or below.
“The company” may share your information with affiliate partners where the provision of a paid for service or subscription is dependent upon this to provide you with said service or subscription.
Generally, “the company” will only use your information within Matthew Walton Limited and will only share it outside where it is necessary, or you have requested it, or given your consent.
Sometimes Matthew Walton Limited uses third parties to process your information on its behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. In doing so “the company” requires these third parties to comply strictly with its instructions and Matthew Walton Limited requires that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
8. How long will Matthew Walton Limited keep your information?
“The company” will hold your personal information on its systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, membership or subscription, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with Matthew Walton limited.
If you cancel or terminate a membership or subscription your active account for that product or service will be deleted immediately.
9. Can you delete your own data, and/or control its use?
At any time you can request that your details be erased. This can include any current subscription and payments details, any future correspondence details, and all records that relate to your association and dealings with Matthew Walton Limited.
This can be requested at any time and “the company” will make a full disclosure of all the details held about you which you can then order to be erased in whole or part from Matthew Walton Limited.
Likewise you can request that any details held about you by “the company” be used, or not used, in any way which upholds your legal rights. For example, the use of any personal data for any marketing purposes by Matthew Walton Limited, or any other third party or affiliate partner.
10. Can you find out what personal information Matthew Walton holds about you?
Under the Data Protection Act you have the right to request a copy of the personal information “the company” holds about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. (You will not be charged for this procedure but, in keeping with standard practice, Matthew Walton Limited requires you to prove your identity with two pieces of approved identification).
Matthew Walton Limited will need two copies of forms of identification, which can be:
• Passport (copy)
• Driving licence (copy)
• Birth certificate (copy)
• Utility bill (copy from last 3 months)
• Current vehicle registration document (copy)
• Bank statement (copy from last 3 months)
• Rent book (copy from last 3 months).
11. Protocol for credit card processing and subscription payments
No information relating to any financial transactions between you, as the customer, and Matthew Walton Limited (for instance, your credit/debit card number, expiry date or CVV security number) is stored, retained for future use or disclosed to any third party.
Matthew Walton Limited also acts within the guidelines set down by the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS).
All transactions are processed in accordance with the rules governing best practice and the safe use, storage and transmission of all received credit/debit card data.
Your personal data is securely held on the database of Matthew Walton Limited which resides on a private server in a high security data centre.
If you do not agree to these changes, please contact Matthew Walton Limited immediately via the details located at the bottom of this document.
Data Protection Officer
Matthew Walton Limited
77 King Street
Cheshire WA16 6DX
01625 315 654 (office)
07752 768 094 (mobile)
Company Registration No: 8157039
Data Protection No: Z3287290
Any other questions about your personal details, their use and retention, should be directed to the Information Commissioner’s Office which can be contacted by phone on 0303 123 1113 or via the website at https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us
© Matthew Walton Limited April 2018