Newmarket Racecourse, Westfield House, The Links, Newmarket, Suffolk, CB8 0TG
Tel: 01638 663 482
Newmarket is the historic Home of Horseracing and the greatest horseracing centre in the world. It offers a treasure trove of sights and sounds for the racing enthusiast. Quite simply anyone with even just a passing interest in the ‘Sport of Kings’ should visit Newmarket at least once in their lifetime.
In Newmarket, horseracing is lived and breathed on every street corner. There are more racehorses, trainers, stable staff, stud farms and racing organisations based in and around the town of Newmarket than anywhere else on earth.
Here horseracing is lived and breathed on every street corner. There are more racehorses, trainers, stable staff, stud farms and racing organisations based in and around the town of Newmarket than anywhere else on earth.
• Two racecourses, the Rowley Mile and July Course
• Over 2500 racehorses in training
• 77 licensed trainers
• 65 stud farms including the National Stud
• 2800 acres of fully maintained training grounds
• 50 miles of turf gallops
• 17 miles of artificial gallops
• Original home of the Jockey Club
• Palace House, the 17th century royal palace, home of Charles II
• National Horseracing Museum
• British Racing School
• Tattersalls Sales, the biggest horse sales company in Europe
• Animal Health Trust
• Equine Fertility Unit
• Horseracing Forensic Laboratory
• Thoroughbred Breeders Association
• International Racing Bureau
• Racing Welfare
• Federation of Bloodstock Agents